Texans for the Arts MCP logo graphic.

Grant Monies

Grants for Texas non-profits save you up to 50%!

Grants from the Texas Commission on the Arts could cover up to 50% of Margaret Clauder’s total fee!

“Arts Respond Performance Support Grants” provide support to nonprofit organizations in Texas interested in booking Margaret Clauder and other artists from the TCA Touring Artist Roster. Here are a few facts you need to know:

  • Applications are funded on a sliding scale (typically 25-50%) of contracted fees. Support is based on TCA’s available funds.
  • The maximum award is 50% of Margaret’s total fee, including all expenses
  • The greatest awards typically go to groups in rural and/or socio-economically disadvantaged areas.

Application deadlines:

  • August 1 for performances occurring Sept. 1-Dec. 14
  • November 1 for performances from Dec. 15-March 14
  • February 1 for performances between March 15-June 14
  • May 1 for performances between June 15-Aug. 31

How to apply for a grant:

  • If your organization doesn’t have one already, you’ll need to get a user ID for the TCA website and online grant applications at www.arts.texas.gov/grants/sign-up/.  You will need to provide your organization’s federal tax ID #, proof of non-profit status and some other information.
  • Once you have the user ID & password, sign in and get started here

PLEASE NOTE: if you want to hire a performer, YOU are the PRESENTER (as in “Mother Goose presented by The Cultural Arts Center”). The person presenting the program is called the ARTIST (that’s Margaret Clauder). Many, new to the arts grants, may find this a bit confusing. Presenter – you, Artist – Margaret Clauder.

New Federal Changes to Affect All TCA Grant Applicants

The federal government is transitioning from using DUNS numbers to the SAM UEI as a unique entity identifier for institutions. This will affect all TCA grant applicants. We strongly urge that you address this transition, get your SAM UEI immediately, and enter it into TCA’s online grants system before you apply for your next grant.

The SAM UEI is a unique 12-character identifier (a combination of letters and numbers) assigned to all entities (public and private companies, individuals, institutions, or organizations) that are required to register to do business with the federal government. The SAM UEI is issued at no cost through the federal System for Award Management website (SAM.gov).

Once you have your SAM UEI, you need to update your Organization Information in TCA’s Fluxx grants system. In order to change the Organization Information in Fluxx, you must be a moderator for your organization.

  1. Go to the Organization Information Screen in Fluxx.
  2. Click the edit button found in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Enter your new SAM UEI in the field below your DUNS number.

There are three categories that organizations are currently in:

  1. Your entity has a DUNS number and is registered in SAM.gov
  2. Your entity has a DUNS number and is not registered in SAM.gov
  3. Your entity does not have a DUNS number

For each case, TCA has developed a handout (with pictures!) to walk you through the process you need to follow to get your SAM UEI, and we’re happy to provide you with one. A summary of the steps for each category was also included in our December newsletter.